Thanks for visiting Lizzie Jean's Cookies blog!

Specializing in sweet treats for your next event as well as helping to create great parties
with our line of party decor & edible images on www.lizzieiejeans.etsy.com

Contact Us
lizziejeanscookies@gmail.com
314-249-8577


Monday, January 20, 2014

How to pull off a great AT HOME birthday party!!!

So as I have long as I have had kids I have LOVED throwing some crazy birthday parties.....it is my passion!   Hence why I left my full time sales position back a few years ago to focus on my passion of Lizzie Jean's Cookies.   During that time and more recently I have somewhat finally realized what it takes to keep yourself and your hubby sane!

I have come up with a couple important tips to help you pull off that great party!!




1) Determine A BUDGET!  Parties can get out of hand real quick!

2) Come up with a THEME....all kids under the age of 10-12 I would say still enjoy a specific type of theme!  Even if it is just a specific COLOR scheme...pick one and roll with it.   I find that it seems to work best when this is determined about a month before party.  

3) Find a great shop on ETSY that creates invitations & printables. The best way to save some $$ is to get the ones that you buy the image, they create and then you print at your leisure!!  I highly recommend Erin over at EThree Design Studio  She creates all my invites & printables for my dessert tables for corporate events as well as my family parties!!   I truly think this really ties the whole party together and makes it look amazing!



4) Search your themed party on Pinterest to gather fun ideas and create a board for your party...that way you can reference it over and over again for those ideas.    



5) Search online again for decor under you party theme.  If you are like me I like to find a good deal...and if that means I can get it all online (free shipping) and not have to mess with taking my kiddos shopping I am all for it!   Grab yourself a cup of coffee one morning while everyone is still sleeping and search away.   If that doesn't work...my favorite places for party decor is Hobby Lobby for sure! Best selection in my book!  Party City is a close second.   

6) Start assembling banners, printables, crafty pieces you will be adding to the party decor a week ahead of time.   These are the fine details that really set the party apart.   And if you wait to the last minute these are the things that get pushed aside....I know because I have done that more times than I can count!  Whether you do them yourself or purchase from a crafty friend...just give yourself enough time :)

Mason Jars are such a great accent to parties...you can do so much with them!!!




7) Assemble everything the night before (except for food)    This way you aren't running around like a MAD woman the day of.  I have been known to throw a few parties and in more times than not, this momma has a ball cap on (or latest a cowboy hat) because I run out of time to be able to wash my hair!   My kiddos usually steer pretty clear of me when I am in this mode :)   But it all works out if you have things together the night before in my opinion.  

8) LAST BUT NOT LEAST....Enjoy the party.   Sit back have a few drinks of your choice and realize you are creating GREAT memories for your little ones....


Landry's 1st Birthday Cowboy/Western Party

Bella's 1st Birthday - Orange & Pink Theme


Lizzie's 7th Birthday - Rockstar Theme













0 comments:

Post a Comment